Friday 2 February 2018

Construction: Filming The Park Scene

Park scene

 My team and I went to West End recreation which we filmed myself as eve playing with Elizabeth. During this scene, Eve is portrayed as mentally unstable as she is emotionally attached to Elizabeth seeing her as her only friend.  We used the park, as children playground can convey a creepy effect, especially in many horror films, a playground scene is portrayed. 

While filming this scene I positioned Elizabeth with me and we captured different perspectives of close ups of Elizabeth, that showcased the relationship between my character and Elizabeth, which was a wide shot.  

As the image shows, I wanted to convey a strong relationship between Elizabeth and me, therefore copying Elizabeth's hairstyle portrays how my character has become mentally unstable as she is trying to be like Elizabeth. The positioning of the camera shows emptiness in the background which connotes the loneliness around my character Eve as it showcases to the audience, Eve’s only friend is Elizabeth.  


For the next scene, we added a close up of Elizabeth on the swing which creates a creepy effect for the audience as dolls are related to horror films. The connotations keep the audience wanting to know what the doll is capable of and wanting to keep watching. To the scene of close up of Elizabeth, we added sound effects of the swing, wind, the girl breathing and scary humming sound, all of which create an unsettling feeling as they connote horror.    















Although, the filming at the park was a success, when coming back to editing we had to overcome a problem with sound. The scenes filmed had interfered with the background sound, we decided to use voice over instead of the actual footage sound due to the background sound confided with the speech.  

I recorded myself using the mic on iMovie to which we fitted into the clips, resulting in better clarity in sound. I believe that this handling showcases the attachment that Eve feels when she is around Elizabeth and the love she feel towards Elizabeth, which again shows the audience how Elizabeth is identified with Eve's mental state. 

 Overall, the filming was a success and we worked well as team together to create a unsettling atmosphere and the effect of loneliness. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME MODERATOR

LYDIA O'REILLY CANDIDATE NUMBER 1543 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL 64680 Welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy!  I worked...